DID YOU KNOW????
· We have our own TV studio. Student-produced morning TV news program, that airs each morning in homeroom, was featured on News 12.
· All students (Nursery through 8th grade) take Spanish language classes.
· Every morning at least one of our classes in Grades 1-8 attends the 8:30am parish mass, and all students in Grades 1-8 also attend a monthly school-wide mass.
· Instrumental music lessons are included in our tuition:
- Piano and Recorder (1st & 2nd Grades)
- Violin (3rd & 4th Grades)
- Choice of wind, string or percussion instrument (Grades 5-8)
- Select Choir open to Grades 1-8
· Our 4th and 5th graders take ballroom dance lessons.
· Our 6th, 7th and 8th graders can play on one of several interscholastic OLL School sports teams through the CMSAA (Catholic Middle School Athletic Association).
· There is a SmartBoard interactive computer whiteboard in every classroom and iPads available for all students to use.
· Our students are learning coding and programming skills using our “Dash” and “Dot” robots.
· The 8th grade participates in a “Debate” class where they research and present varying points of view on current issues.
· Most of our students’ textbooks are available online.
· Every class, Nursery through 8th grade, enjoys the following “Specials:” Theatrical Arts, Spanish, Art, Physical Education, Music.
· Brand new state-of-the-art security cameras were recently installed on all building entrances/exits.
· Qualifying 8th grade students are prepared to take the Algebra 1 Regents exam in June.
- We are one of the first four schools in the Diocese of Rockville Centre to be ready for CBTs (Computer Based Testing) for the Spring 2016 ELA 6th grade field test.